We are excited to announce that our run course and the first portion of our bike course will take place on West Cliff Drive!
Please review the maps before the race. It is each athlete’s responsibility to know the course and any potential hazards.
The swim corral will be located on Main Beach in front of the Boardwalk bandstand. Swimmers will start in waves, heading counter-clockwise around the Wharf and exit the water at Cowell Beach. From there, swimmers run through the parking lot, across the street and up a paved path to the transition area. Volunteers will guide racers.
In the event of extreme fog delays (such as what occurred in 2012), an alternate swim course that parallels Main Beach will be utilized.
- Exit transition and head up Washington St. Ext. across train trestle onto West Cliff Drive.
- Continue on West Cliff drive which turns into Swanton Blvd
- Left Delaware.
- Right on Natural Bridges Dr.
- Right on Mission St. Ext and a quick Left on Western Dr.
- Left onto Hwy 1 and ride out to Davenport.
- Right on Davenport Ave.
- Left on Marine View Ave.
- Left at the top of the hill on Marine View Ave. to return to Hwy 1 (look for volunteers)
- Left on Hwy 1 all the way back to Santa Cruz
In return to Santa Cruz:
- Right onto the Schaffer Rd and quick Left onto Mission St Ext
- Right onto Natural Bridges Dr.
- Left onto Delaware Ave.
- Right onto Swanton Blvd. which turns into West Cliff
- Stay Left on Washington St. Ext (over the train trestle) and back down the hill to transition.
- Watch for dismount area just before the base of the hill!
- Go into the first driveway of the transition area.
The Run Out section from transition on the path that goes under the train trestle. The turnaround is about .2 miles before Delaware Ave.
Note: The Swim In and the Run Out both follow the path at the back of the park and go under the train trestle, avoiding the street traffic on Pacific Avenue. The Bike In and Out still go on the road overpass, above the train tracks.
Any course changes and details will be covered in the mandatory pre-race meeting on the main beach at Lifeguard Tower #3 at 7:45 am.