What is a Virtual Race?
A virtual race is the next best thing to an on site triathlon event! Some of the perks are that you get to pick the location of the event, time of day, indoors or outside, on a stationary bike or road bike, treadmill or on a trail. You want a flat course? Your choice! You want to swim in a river, an ocean or a pool? Your choice! You can complete all legs consecutively or one per day within the specified time. The proceeds will support a great cause. You get all the feels (the hard-earned endorphins, the bragging rights, and the feelings of being a part of the triathlon community!)
Here is what happens. You register for the event on www.active.com. You choose from four events listed. The events are an Olympic Distance, an Olympic Duathlon, a Sprint Triathlon, a Sprint Distance Duathlon. Each event is only $38. (It is the 38th year of the Santa Cruz Triathlon!) Athlete's will have three days time to complete the event during the weekend of Friday, September 25, 2020 through Sunday, September 27, 2020. Athlete's will submit their times no later than 11:59pm to SVE Timing results board for rankings at www.svetiming.com. More information about the results board and submitting your times will be given closer to the event date. You can measure your time and distance via a smartwatch, GPS-enabled device or phone.
You will receive a stylish Santa Cruz neck gaiter/buff in the mail to commemorate your achievement. Be sure to obey all the local health and safety guidelines while participating and choose safe times and locations when completing your activities.
If participating in fun activities, posting results on the results board, supporting, heckling, and engaging with your triathlon friends on social media excites you then this is the event for you! Join in the fun today!
1. Sign Up here at www.active.com.
2. Select your event.
3. Complete your event during the event window of Friday, September 25, 2020 - Sunday, September 27, 2020.
4. Submit your times for rankings no later than 11:59pm Sunday, September 27, 2020. More details and instructions to follow closer to the event date.
5. Enjoy your race swag neck gaiter/buff!
6. Post to social media your finisher picture, training pictures and fun photos using the hashtag #SCTriVirtual. Don't forget to tag your friends!